Changes to Mount Nittany Medical Center/Innovation Park Service
Based on ridership studies Penn State University has discontinued the Red Link service to Mount Nittany Medical Center and Innovation Park. Starting August 17, in lieu of the Red Link, Penn State's fare-free Campus Shuttle Beaver Avenue route will be offering the general public a connection to Mount Nittany Medical Center, Centre Medical Sciences Building and Innovation Park Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. For more information on Penn State University's plans, please visit https://transportation.psu.edu/.
CATAGO! service will also be available during the weekend hours of 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday to Mount Nittany Medical Center. CATAGO! service will be used as a direct link from Beaver Avenue at Schlow Library/ CATA Customer Service Center to Mount Nittany Medical Center please see CATAGO! page for more information and to book your ride today!
Weekday Penn State University Campus Shuttle
CAMPUS SHUTTLE VIA BEAVER AVENUE SERVICE CHANGES
- Stops at the Data Center, Redifer Commons, and Nittany Apartments will be eliminated, but new stops will be added at the following locations:
- West Deck
- West 1 Building (eastbound - will open after building construction has been completed)
- Innovation Hub
- Reber Building
- Hosler Building
- Rec Hall (northbound)
- Pattee Transit Center (eastbound)
- Pavilion Theatre
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Centre Medical Sciences Building
- Innovation Park at Lubert Building
- Innovation Park at Penn Stater
- Innovation Park at 331 Building
- Innovation Park at Materials Research
- Innovation Park at Outreach Building
- West 1 Building (westbound)
- The updated route will run from the West Deck to Innovation Park.
- Service hours will be extended to 8 p.m., with the updated route operating from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. Stops will be served every 20 minutes until 6 p.m., after which service will be every 30 minutes.
- The service schedule will expand from the fall and spring semesters only to year-round, except for University holidays.
CATA's RED LINK SERVICE CHANGES
- Stops at the Athletic Administration Building, Orchard Road, Mount Nittany Medical Center, Centre Medical Sciences Building, and Innovation Park will be eliminated.
- The updated route will run from the West Deck to the Jordan East parking lot.
- Weekday service will end at 11 p.m., and weekend service will end at 10 p.m. The updated route will operate from 6:45 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday, through Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays, and noon to 10 p.m. Sundays.
- There will be no Red Link service when CATA operates on its Reduced Service schedule.
Penn State's LYFT PROGRAM TO PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM MOUNT NITTANY MEDICAL CENTER, CENTRE MEDICAL SCIENCES, AND INNOVATION PARK DURING NIGHT AND WEEKEND HOURS
Due to low ridership, service to Mount Nittany Medical Center, Centre Medical Sciences Building, and Innovation Park on weekdays after 8 p.m. and throughout the day on Saturdays and Sundays will be eliminated. However, Transportation Services will launch a special program with Lyft to provide ride credits for travel between campus and these areas during those times for faculty, staff, and students. Full details on this program will be shared prior to the start of the fall semester.
Penn State's OTHER CAMPUS TRANSIT INFORMATION
There will be no changes to the Blue Loop, White Loop, or Campus Shuttle via College Avenue for the 2023-24 academic year.
All Loop, Link, and Campus Shuttle routes are free and available to everyone. Real-time bus and shuttle locations are available via the Penn State Go mobile app. Loop and Link locations can also be accessed via CATA's myStop app.
Visit the Transportation Services website for more information on campus transit and other Penn State transportation options.
CATA's Weekend CATAGO! Service from/to Beaver Avenue at Schlow Library/ CATA Customer Service Center
Weekend CATAGO! Service to Mount Nittany Medical Center offers a direct link to the pick up/drop off location on Beaver Avenue at Schlow Library/ CATA Customer Service Center. Service hours are Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 8 p.m. except on holidays when CATA is not operating. Please see CATAGO! page for more information and to book your ride today!
Alternatively, services to Mount Nittany Medical Center is available from any of the 3 CATAGO! zones.
CATAGO! Pick up/Drop Off Locations to Mount Nittany Medical Center Map