Last Modified: November 28, 2023
Accessing the Service and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Service, and any service or material we provide on the Service, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict user access, including registered user access, to some parts of the Service or the entire Service.
You are responsible for both:
• Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
• Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
• You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
• You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Service for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
• If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non3 commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
• If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
• Modify copies of any materials from this site.
• Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
• Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Service or any services or materials available through the Service.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Service other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: [email protected].
The Centre Area Transit Authority name, the terms “CATA,” “CATABUS,” “CATAGO!,” “CATARIDE,” “CATACOMMUTE,” the CATA logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Centre Area Transit Authority or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of CATA. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Service are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You agree not to use the Service:
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
• For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate CATA, a CATA employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or usernames associated with any of the foregoing).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm CATA or users of the Service, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Service.
• Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Service for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Service.
• Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
• Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Service, the server on which the Service is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Service.
• Attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
• Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
• Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted, shared, or disseminated by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
• Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Service.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS CATA AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Service and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Service is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. This Service may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by CATA, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Service
Linking to the Service and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Service may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
• Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Service.
• Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Service.
• Cause limited portions of content on this Service to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
• Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
• Cause the Service or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
• Link to any part of the Service other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Service
If the Service contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Service, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Service is based in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the United States. We provide this Service for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Service or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Service from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Service will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF CATA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO CATA IN THE LAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS FOR THE APPLICABLE SERVICE OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Venue
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS CAREFULLY BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH CATA ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND LIMIT THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM CATA.
a. Scope of Dispute Resolution Section
types of claims: (i) claims by employees of CATA entities related to the terms or conditions of their employment; (ii) any individual action brought in small claims court for disputes and actions fully within the scope of such court’s jurisdiction; or (iii) claims in which either party seeks injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents. b. Waiver of Right to Pursue Class Action or Collective Claims (“Class Action Waiver Provision”)
You agree to resolve Disputes with us only in arbitration and only on an individual basis, and you waive any right to pursue any claims on a class, collective, or consolidated basis or in a representative capacity to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You and CATA agree that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual (non-class) basis and not as a plaintiff or a class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding. Further, you and CATA agree that a Dispute cannot be brought as a class, collective, consolidated, or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals to the maximum extent permitted by law.
c. Agreement to Arbitrate Claims; Waiver of Jury Trial
In addition, you and CATA agree that each party will notify the other party in writing of any arbitrable Dispute within thirty (30) days of the date the Dispute arises, so that the parties can attempt in good faith to resolve the Dispute informally. Notice to CATA shall be sent by certified mail or courier to Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA), ATTN: Legal Department, 2081 West Whitehall Road, State College, PA 16801. Your notice must include: (i) your name, street address, telephone number, the email address you use or used for your online services account (as applicable), and, if any, an email address at which you can be contacted; (ii) a brief description of the Dispute; (iii) the amount of money, if any, at issue in the Dispute; and (iv) the specific relief you are seeking. CATA will send notice to your last known street and email addresses on file, if any. Any notice will include: (i) our name, street address, telephone number and an email address at which we can be contacted with respect to the Dispute; (ii) a description in reasonable detail of the nature and basis of the Dispute; and (iii) the specific relief that we are seeking. If you and CATA cannot agree how to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after the notice is received by the other party, then either you or CATA may, as appropriate and in accordance with this Section, commence an arbitration proceeding with a written demand for arbitration.
d. Limitation on Time to Bring Action
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action for or related to a Dispute brought by you must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or such claim or cause of action will forever be barred. Note that this may be a shorter time period than allowed under otherwise applicable law.
e. Arbitration Administration and Certain Procedures You and the Company agree that, if and as available, any arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association, except as otherwise modified by these Terms. https://www.adr.org/Rules
If the American Arbitration Association is unavailable or unwilling to conduct the arbitration for any reason, or the parties mutually agree that the American Arbitration Association should not conduct the arbitration, then by mutual agreement the parties shall select an alternative, impartial, substitute arbitration administration service. This agreement to arbitrate is not contingent on the American Arbitration Association being available or willing to conduct the arbitration.
You and CATA also agree to the following relating to any arbitration proceeding:
• You and CATA waive any right to bring Disputes before any court of law. Rights that you would have if you went to court, such as access to discovery, may be unavailable or limited in arbitration.
• Arbitration proceedings will take place in a mutually convenient location as agreed by the parties. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the arbitrator will select the arbitration venue, which will be within Pennsylvania. Alternatively, the arbitrator, in his or her discretion, may order that the arbitration proceedings be conducted by telephone, online, and/or solely based on written submissions.
• The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and will be selected by the parties from the American Arbitration Association roster of arbitrators. If you and CATA are unable to agree to an arbitrator within fourteen (14) days of the American Arbitration Association’s notice to the parties of its receipt of the arbitration demand, then the American Arbitration Association will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association Rules.
• The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of you or CATA and only to the extent necessary to provide the relief warranted by your or CATA’s individual claim. The arbitrator shall not have any power to issue relief to anyone but you or CATA.
• These Terms affect interstate commerce, and the interpretation and enforceability of this Section shall be substantively, procedurally, and exclusively governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq., to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, except as otherwise modified by these Terms.
• Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
• All arbitration proceedings will be closed to the public and confidential and all records relating thereto will be permanently sealed, except as necessary to obtain court confirmation of the arbitration award.
• You have the right at your own expense to be represented by an attorney of your own choosing. CATA, likewise, has the right, at its own expense, to be represented by an attorney of its own choosing.
Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the American Arbitration Association Rules. If, however, you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive for you as compared to the costs of litigation, CATA will pay as much of the filing, administration and arbitrator fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive for you. If the arbitrator determines that the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration are frivolous, you agree to reimburse CATA for all costs and fees associated with the arbitration that CATA paid on your behalf which you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the American Arbitration Association Rules.
If any term, clause, or provision of this Section is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by law, and all other terms, clauses, and provisions of this Section will remain valid and enforceable. Further, the waivers set forth in this Section are severable from the provisions of these Terms and will remain valid and enforceable, except as prohibited by applicable law.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA), 2081 West Whitehall Road, State College, PA 16801.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Service should be directed to: [email protected].