CATA has unveiled its 5th annual “In Transit” Photo Contest on its Facebook page, facebook.com/rideCATABUS, through which riders and the general public are encouraged to submit their own CATA-themed photography, now through Friday, April 28!
New for 2017! All entries should fall under one of the following four categories:
Destinations: CATA provides transit services to many major community destinations within its 89-square mile service area, with routes serving State College, the Penn State campus, Pine Grove Mills, Boalsburg, Stormstown, Pleasant Gap, Bellefonte, Lemont, etc. Ideas under this category might include showing a bus in front of the courthouse in Bellefonte, in front of Beaver Stadium on campus, or at any other commuter destination.
Moving People: CATA provides over 32,000 rides every weekday during full service, and over 7 million annually, making it the third largest transit agency (in terms of ridership) in Pennsylvania. Transit is all about people, and getting them where they need to go safely. Ideas for this category might include showing a bus pulling into a busy bus stop, people boarding or deboarding the bus, or groups sharing a bus ride.
Transit Benefits: Public transportation provides a host of benefits for riders, including convenience, cost-savings, and added mobility. Ideas for this category might include showing how convenient, affordable and reliable the CATABUS system is for riders, how the services bring people together and provide mobility, or how the services benefit the community.
Stylized Photography: Those familiar with Photoshop and other photograph-enhancing programs and styles are welcome to submit stylized and filtered photographs. This category, however, will not be eligible for the Grand Prize award, as stylized images are not typically well-suited for replication on Ride Guide covers.
Photos may include any or all of CATA’s three transportation services – CATABUS, CATARIDE, and CATACOMMUTE.
Submissions, due to CATA no later than Friday, April 28, will be reviewed and two winners, one first place and one second place, from each category will be chosen by CATA employees. These winners will be awarded the following:
First Place in Category: $100 Downtown State College gift card
Second Place: $75 Downtown State College gift card
From those first place winners in each eligible category, a final grand prize winner will be determined through online public voting on the online event page.
A Grand Prize winner will be chosen no later than Friday, May 5. The winning submission will be featured on the cover of the Fall 2017 Ride Guide and be awarded an additional $100 Amazon.com gift card.
Entry Rules and Photo Requirements:
• All photographs should be submitted at a high resolution (300 dpi minimum) and in jpg format. Originals may be requested as needed to ensure quality.
• All photos must be submitted via CATA’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/rideCATABUS or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There is no limit to the number of photos a participant may submit.
• Each image should include a description, along with the designation of which category the photo falls under.
• Photographs should be in good taste and appropriate for a general audience.
• Photographs containing identifiable individuals must be accompanied by a completed Photo and Authorization release (link below), emailed to Jacqueline Sheader, CATA Public Relations Manager, at email@example.com, along with the name of any submission.
Photo and Authorization Release (MS Word .doc)
Photo and Authorization Release (PDF)
All photographs become the property of CATA and may be used in future marketing and advertising materials.